Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's been a while

I haven’t updated my blog in…too long to count. I enjoyed looking at “my” mountains every time I opened up the page. But alas, much has happened since the trip to New Mexico.

The reunion was fabulous. Everybody was well behaved and nice to each other. People talked to me that NEVER would have said hello to me in high school. It was a nice time. It was great catching up with everybody and I enjoyed spending some down time with the family.

The week after we returned, Josh and I were children free. We did nothing exciting. We did eat out together twice and enjoyed the conversation that adults have without crazy kids running a muck in a restaurant. The kids returned home on Friday with my parents in tow. Waiting for them was Josh’s cousin, Shaylyn, whom is 14 and one of the sweetest kids I know. She has her moments, as does everyone, but it has been a pleasure having her stay with us. On Saturday we had Jacob’s birthday. He had a train party, because, he loves trains. We let all the neighborhood kids come over and go swimming and have cake and ice cream. A good time was had by all. Jacob received several toys that he loves and loved the piñata.

The next Saturday we all (Josh, Emily, Jacob, Shaylyn, Pam and myself) went to Waco to go to the zoo. I love the Waco zoo. It is great! It is just the right size for kids who are not old enough for an 8 hour day at the zoo. After the zoo we went to the Dr. Pepper museum and took Shaylyn to have her first ever Dairy Queen! Those crazy folks out in California don’t have DQ, I don’t know what’s up with that.

I picked my parent up from the airport on Sunday, they spent the week in Nicaragua and were glad to be home, where we have running water and electricity. The took the kids shopping for school clothes (which I am having a hard time keeping Emily out of) and we enjoyed seeing them for a day or two. The fourth was nothing to special for us. I spent most of the day with Amy, who is very special, and her kids. We went to Target and Goodwill and had lunch at Chick-fil-A. It was so fun to hang with her and her kids. All the kids got along fairly well. After all that shopping we went back to our house and went swimming and the grown-ups just chatted. It was nice to talk to her, in person, not through the phone. After some swimming and some time watching Thomas the tank engine Josh brought home some fireworks and we set of all the noisy ones and I took Amy home. We had a cook-out and had Josh’s mom over and watched a bit of TV before going to bed early. We are such losers.

However, I have come to a decision. I am going to be checking out the opportunity of getting my teachers certificate. Whenever I am unhappy with a job I start to think about trying to get my teaching certificate. So I know What I am doing now is not what I want to do forever. I do not have a passion for it, and this job requires a passion. So I start to think about what I want to do, and the idea of teaching comes to mind. I think nothing of it and push it back down inside me. Then I am looking at the paper on Sunday and there is an ad for a school to get your teaching certificate. I go to the web site and decide I am going to call and setup a meeting to see if this is something I can do. So I maybe going back to school for a year, 2 classes in the fall, 2 in the spring and 2 in the summer. From what I understand they meet once a month, and do the rest on-line. So keep me in your prayers that I can actually get his done, and it is where I am suppose to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... No joking, you know where to go if you need help or ideas!

Superteacher
aka Mom

Susan said...

You must have rubbed off on me at some point during my life, but then after this weekend and the saying things in unison, over and over again... I guess I already knew that.

Meg said...

Hey thanks for coming by my blog. It's great to hear that people like reading, much less going all the way back to the beginning!

My dad has gone to Nicaragua the last couple of years. Did your family go on a mission trip? I assume so since it's not really a great vacation destination!

I say if you want to go for the teaching thing, then do it. Life is too short to have regrets.

I don't have a lot of time to look around your site today, but you can bet I will be back!