Sunday, July 16, 2006

Amy

The stars know a shine no greater than that of a true friend
The ocean knows a depth no more unfathonable that that of the warmest touch in the coldest moments
There never was a mountain tall enough to equal true compassion in majesty
In all of nature's glory, there is nothing that can claim the same treausres as a gentle kiss blown in the harshest of winds
Friendship cannot be meausred in quanity nor can it be measured in volume
It is one of the indescribable pleasures of this life that can only be known when the heart is open and the mind is unaware
--Amydodd, 1997 or 1998

I was cleaning, I know, everyone can pick theior mouths up off the table, and ran across my folder of important letters, poems and cards I have collected from my friends over the years and found this poem that a dear friend of mine gave me back when we were in the early stages of planning our cruise and helped me in during some very difficult times. She was still Amydodd at that time, thus the refrence to her in that manner. She lived in the next room when she wrote this poem and now she lives less than 5 miles from house, and I enjoy her any time I can.

Thanks for being my best friend Amy.

No comments: