Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Greetings from New Mexico!! Here is one of the few things I really do miss from this area of the nation, the great Organ Mountains. A beautiful backdrop to this otherwise fairly boring town. The trip here was fairly uneventful, just 10 hours in a car with two kids, enough said. We did leave earlier than expected and missed our "talk" with the JW's. I figure they will be back before too long. Well the planning for the reunion is going well. It looks like we might have a decent turn out, we wer not sure that more than 10 would show and now we have over 70. So it should be a realative good time.

The first thing we did when we got into town was head down to the local Burger/Taco joint and have us some good old fashiop Mexican food. We ate Mexican the day after as well, and now we are waiting a few days, as Josh and I forgot it has been a good three years since we had real green chili and our poor tummys are feeling it.

The good thing about coming back is the way it helps you remember why you left in the first place. I forgot how very poor, and expensive it is here in the grest Las Cruces. This is the fifth porest county in the the nation. People are POOR, and yet houses are almost twice what they run in Round Rock. It makes no sense to me, but then again, it doesn't have to. Plus it is HOT!!!! It was 104 on Monday. That is just crazy!!!! I feel ill from all the heat. But I love loooking at the Mountains and eating the hot authentic Mexican food.

Another thing about this town, I have run into someone almost everywhere I have been. Now, I was not that popluar and I did not know that many people when I lived here. It is just that small. I have only run into one person in WalMart in Austin, I have run into 5 people here so far.

Oh well, I am excited for the time I will spend here, but I am excited to come back home as well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am excited to have you back too. I started to call you like four times yesterday but then I remembered you weren't here. Sigh/