Thursday, August 07, 2008

My classroom

I have been spending my time this week attending the first of my three weeks of training that I am required to have prior to the beginning of the school year. I was released early today around lunch time and I headed out to my school so that I could take a look at the class room I might be placed into, hopefully get my schedule and find out exactly what I will be teaching and finally take some of the materials home with me in order to start completing some of my lesson plans prior to the school year starting.

I was shown the room that everybody thinks I will be occupying.


The room is in the middle of being painted and cleaned out prior to the beginning of the year. I am excited to have such a huge room and I am really glad they got rid of the blue paint on the wall and painted it "Navajo" as I was told by the nice painter, Joe, that was in the room working. This is not for sure my room, but the councilor and my teaching partner seemed to think this is where I will be placed.

I also was given my tentative schedule. I will teaching 5 sections of the same class: Personal and Family Development and 1 section of Housing/Interior Design. There are 8 periods and I will have 2 conference periods, 1 each day as we are on a block schedule.

And I brought home tons of books. I brought home as many as I could carry in one trip.



I know it will be hard and over whelming and I know I will cry, but I am SO excited!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

No Crying Allowed!! Unless of course they are tears of Joy!

This is so exciting Susan. You are going to be awesome. SO.....

Head Up
Shoulders Back
Deep Breath
Smile

Now Go Kick some Butt!!!!!

AND of course PRAY ALOT :)

BTW- I don't expect you to ever like coffee...I am an ice tea person.

Kim Heinecke said...

MMMMMM....I loved those days before the kids actually came to class. My room was perfect. I spent a lot of time making it cutesy w/ curtains and stuff... guess your age kids wouldn't appreciate it as much!