Monday, March 17, 2008

My favorite things

I was listening to one of my favorites songs this weekend: “My favorite things” by Julie Andrews. I remember the first time I heard this song, I was in the first grade and my teacher was Mrs. Susan Harris. I only remember the first name because of the obvious. She must have loved that song, because we would listen to it, over and over again. And I feel in love with it. It wasn’t until I was much older that I realized where the song had originated. I listened to the song this weekend and was inspired. Here are a few of my favorite things.

I love pink.

I love Hallmark commercials.

I love movies that make me cry.

I love memories.

I love watching my children swing.

I love holding babies up to my chest and listen to them breathe.

I love getting mail.

I love a good sale.

I love wiener dogs.

I love oogeling peoples lives on the internet.

I love planning.

I love children singing.

I love to think of myself as someone I’m not.

I love giraffes.

I love surprise presents that are true surprises.

I love talking on the phone.

I love my friendships.

I love writing letters.

I love pink lemonade and peanut butter cookies.

I love shopping for other people.

I love shoes and bags.

I love finishing a SuDuKo.

I love all things Disney.

I love the smell of rain in the desert air.

I love high school basketball games.

I love good green chili.

I love snuggle time.

I love that Jacob calls me “Crumbcake.”

I love good friends.

I love tiny pink baby dresses.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

I love Greys Anatomy, Thin Mints, Oprah, birthday money, afternoon naps, tomoatoes, Burger King crowns, shortalls on little boys, glitter, office supplies, a brand new blank notebook, lists, fleece, my new camera, red shoes, making cupcakes, puffy loveseats, elevators, Joey and Pacey, REM, clean sheets, lip gloss, a good steak, Tom Petty, wrapping presents, the smell of coffee brewing and when the sun comes out from behind the clouds.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We appear to have more in common than not.
I had no idea Jacob calls you Crumbcake. That is so special.

Susan said...

I know it. He makes me tear up a little bit every time he calls me it.