Monday, April 09, 2007

For Amy

It was a wonderful weekend with my parents. They drove into town this weekend for the holiday. They arrived late on Thursday, so we did not see them until Friday. The kids got to see their Memaw Friday morning when she came to visit them in their classrooms, a favorite of both of my children. I was let off work early on Friday for the holiday and we waited until they got out of school and headed to the mall. With the cash she had received from Memaw she had enough for the make-up kit she had been eyeing for weeks- and saving her money for.

Saturday was so cold and damp. Yuck. I had a flat tire which my father so graciously changed for me in the sleet. I am forever thankful for that! Because it was so cold and wet we decided to hit the movies. We saw Meet the Robinsons. It was an enjoyable flick- and the kids really liked it. My favorite part was the old school Mickey cartoon they showed before the movie started.

Easter Sunday was crazy with sugar. I only allowed Jacob a small amount of chocolate before church, but they received eggs in Sunday school and they were HOPPED UP!

It was a nice weekend. I enjoyed seeing my folks, even though my mom only saw Josh for about 30 seconds all weekend and my dad a while more, due to the loss of my new contact down the bathroom sink. I know Josh is looking forward to our future travels coming up. Only 8 weeks until our trip to Lubbock and a month more until the trip to Kentucky that has been 9 years in the making.

1 comment:

Amy said...

See? That wasn't so hard. Good job waiting until your parents came to town before you dropped your contact down the drain and got a flat tire. Parents need to feel needed and I am sure your Dad appreciated your efforts.