Tuesday, February 07, 2006


I have a little something up my sleeve. I have for the past several years wanted to stay home. Now that one of my kids is in school and the other is about to be, I have been thinking about it more and more. Not because they are both about to be out of the house almost 8 hours a day, but because that is what I want to do. I want to spend some time working in the home, with a little working from the home. I want to be able to go on field trips, and class parties and be home after school to help with homework. I want to possibly start up a few ideas that I have running through my head as a way to earn a little extra income on the side. I want to clean my baseboards and do laundry and learn to cook from scratch, while teaching my daughter to as well. I want that. I have always had to work, out finances have not allowed me to do anything but work. Now Josh is sort of in the process of applying for a change in positions. It would be a promotion with an 8-5 sort of deal and more money. Less than what I make now, but enough to where I could give my two weeks notice and stay home. He was supposed to do his oral board a week ago, but they put it off and then a cadet passed away while in training and it has been put off indefinitely. I am asking that all you pray that he gets to do the oral boards and that he gets the job. I know it is something he has wanted to do for ages and would make him happy, and it would make me happy. I just feel like this job I have now does not allow for ANY fun. If you laugh to much you get scolded. And I like to laugh, I like to have fun, I like to make people feel good, and I miss my family. Even though I see them more on average than I did at LQ I want to see them more. I also feel that because this position I am in now does not allow for any movement I am ALWAYS tired. I never get moving all day long and then I go home and I am so tired from not moving that I don’t want to do anything. So, I really need to do something else, and I would LOVE for that something else to be staying at home. So, if we can all say a small prayer for me I would be ever so thankful. I want what is best for me and my family, and I am not quite sure my current job is what is best. But I am going to leave it up to GOD and I know what is best will present itself. I just have my fingers crossed for promotion for Josh and SAHM for me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How wonderful if things work out for you! I am praying that they do. And boo on the people who won't let you laugh.