Monday, February 13, 2006

Could changes happen sooner than we think?

The jail has decided to have the boards tomorrow, on Tuesday. We are very anxious about it all. Everyone that Josh talks to tells him that he is the best one for the job, but is nervous all the same. There is a bit of favoritism, and not towards Josh. Not that they don’t like him, nit the Captain likes another guy better. Luckily there are 5 people who help make the decision. He has to give an oral presentation and an interview. I am so hopeful for him. This position is what is has wanted, what he has strived for so long as I can remember. You know when you finally find the career you want to do, and then once you are in that career you see apposition that you know you would be good at and it finally comes open? This is that position, in the career he loves. I want it so bad for him. Josh just called me and told me that the guy the Captain loves can’t apply because of the investigation into the cadet’s death. So it is down between Josh and one other guy. He has a 50/50 shot at getting the promotion. He said, “Don’t get your hopes up” But I can’t help but get a little excited. I want it SO much more for him than I do for myself. Even though a major change could take place in our household in the next week, and especially in the next month and a half, and for me-I just want my husband to get the job he wants. We have played this job game with him for the last two years and he is finally where he wants to be and in a position he would love to be. Plus 8-5 with weekends and holidays off wouldn’t be so bad either, -especially because he had to work Christmas morning last year. I know he would be so happy! We could do so much more as a family. I want this so much so that I can be doing all the work we do on the weekends during the week and we can spend the weekends going on treasure hunts or to local festivals or spending time in the parks and at baseball games and Girl Scout meetings, more time together as a family. Plus I could learn to cook a turkey, and make bread and pizza crust from scratch, heck a cake from scratch. And we might even be able to go to Kentucky, as a family this summer when my parents go! Josh has never been, and I think my dad is planning to go to a few St. Louis games, and I have decided that will be the team I root for, so Josh and I can share an interest and have fun with that. He would love to go to a game, and we might just travel there instead of Vegas and only go to Cruces for the Reunion. Oh man, I hope and pray that this happens. Now for my parents, I know things won’t be all roses, but he will be making what he and I were making a year ago combined, without the cost of daycare, lunches out, and gas to drive downtown all week. The day care alone, especially in the summer is a HUGE savings. Plus, I can cook, meals that take longer than 30 minutes to put together, but are better for you and cheaper, because it is from scratch. So I know the challenges that lay ahead if this happens, but I also know the rewards of being able to spend this summer with my kids and to be there for them, maybe Emily wouldn’t have the reading problems she is having today if I were home to help her more, and maybe Jacob would be more independent if I were home and we could spend more time learning to dress and try new foods. I feel like I have missed SO much and I don’t want to miss much more. So this change would be awesome for everybody, not just Josh to reach the goal he has been after for close to 7 years, but for me and my kids as well to be a closer, more in tune family.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am praying for you! I will tell Amy about it too.

Susan said...

Thanks Sarah! I saw her on Friday, but we didn't know when they were going to get around to it at that point.