Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Jacob's Adventure


Recently Jacob and Emily have been spending quite a bit of time on their bikes, riding and falling and having a great time of doing it. On Sunday Josh's mom and I went to Walmart to finish up our Christmas shopping and as we were coming home about a half mile from our house we are stopped at a stop sign and a little boy comes trucking along on a bike. Josh's mom says,"That looks like Jacob." I say, "That IS Jacob!!" He had ridden his bike over half a mile, crossed half a dozen streets and was head to the "Lake Park" He was in the process of getyting lost, as he had pasted the turn to the Lake Park. Thank God a lady had seen him trucking along alone and had gotten in her car to follow him to make sure he did not get hit or worse. I am SO thankful to her. Josh had gone to the bathroom and Jacob decided he wanted to go to the park. ARGH!! At least we happen to run into him and he made it home safely without and police station being involved, as we have already picked Emily up from the police station. We are hoping to not have to pick either of them up from the cops for a very long while, if ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....

mom

Anonymous said...

http://www.gpsonsale.com/vehicletrackingdevices/

Maybe you should go to this website and install the hardware on his tricycle. (Arn't you glad this was not on your car when you were in high school???)

Dear Old Dad

Susan said...

I have nothing to hide. I was a very good girl in highschool. I was almost always where I said I was.

Sarah said...

how scary!
I hope to never have to face a situation like that.