Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Gingerbread House


This year we bought the kit for a gingerbread house. Last year we tried to make a train, and for anyone who saw it remembers it was more of a train wreck than a gingerbread train. But Mommy followed the directions and we created a fantastic gingerbread house that the kiddos are very proud of. They decorated it just like the one on the box. So we don’t have much imagination, but they were happy it stood upright rather than in a pile on the kitchen table. Also you can see the new table we purchased in the background. They are not allowed to eat at it yet, until I can get a plastic tablecloth to help protect it from the creatures that are my children. We only bought the table, so the chairs look ridiculous with the table, but it is a process. We bought the table outright, not on credit!!! So chairs will come. It says it can seat 8, but I think it could sit 10. It has 2 leafs and I am SO excited about it. Now we can actually feed everyone that is coming for Christmas at a table. Yeah!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the table, and that's a great gingerbread house!

Anonymous said...

So is the comment about no chairs a hint to mom and dad...

Susan said...

Thanks!! We worked as hard as one can on a Gingerbread house, and no mother the chairs comment was a cry for help, just a cry for pity. I know what I want, and like you I have expensive taste. I will just have to save up.