Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sever weather? Play my show!

Last night we had a little bit of severe weather around these parts. The little map of the area showing were the storm was and where it was going, along with the scrolling type at the bottom telling people to get away from windows and not to outrun the tornados in the area. It was severe enough for the alarm to go off on the radio and for the weather teams to break into primetime television to alert the masses as to the severity of the storms. Now, its fine to interrupt the television show during commercials in order to alert those who don’t hear the pounding rain, whistling winds and hail coming on top of their homes. You can even go over the commercial a little into the show. I am fine with that. But, don’t you start try to tell me that this storm needs to interrupt panel on the season finale of Americas Next Top Model. Oh, no, you don’t. And more than once. Good old Jim Spencer interrupted the show 3 times- all during the meat of the show, not ever during the commercials, to warn of our impending weather. You, know what? I just want to see Fatima’s commercial and Whitney’s cover girl shoot. I don’t care if there is a tornado three hours from my house.

While I was very happy that Whitney won ANTM, I would have loved to see the show in its entirety, not around the weather.

Even the president knows not to interrupt primetime television, why can’t the local weather men figure it out.

3 comments:

Amy said...

The commercials pay the bills. Jim Spencer is a company puppet. Ruined my television night too. I almost had to read a book.

Anonymous said...

Your mother watched four hours of 'that show' on Sunday. I still could not drive. It's a good thing we don't have a gun at the house because I would have been tempeted to use it on someone (or the TV). This incident may lead to a second TV in the house!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I spend hours watching ANTM marathons on MTV. For some reason, it never seems to get old!