Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Disney World Update III

On Monday, May 5th we woke up early and headed back out to the Magic Kingdom. We grabbed breakfast, “Breakfast on the go” as Emily named it. Just some donuts and lots of Diet Coke. We did this a couple of times during the week, so that we were not wasting time eating at the food court while we could be waiting in line for the bus! We made it to the Magic Kingdom before rope drop and were able to catch the opening ceremony. This is where we first caught a glimpse of Mary Poppins. We were not able to met her, yet, but we did get to see her.



After the gates were opened we headed straight to Fantasy Land. The kids wanted to ride Dumbo, for some reason.




So Josh stood in line with them, the only ride with a line at this time, while I went and attempted to Fast Pass Mickey’s Phillharmagic. I was unable to get the machine to spit my coupon out and when I went over to ask for help, he just gave me some and said, “Use your tickets to Fast Pass Peter Pan, that line gets long really quickly” So that is exactly what I did. So we were able to hold 2 Fast Passes at the same time. YAY! After the kids got off Dumbo we headed over and walked right onto Snow White. I love this ride. It is just simple and reminds me of my trips to Disneyland. After Snow White, which the kids didn’t seem to enjoy nearly as much as I did we went over to Winnie the Pooh. This already had a slight wait (10 minutes) so I broke out the bags of nuts from the back pack and I think everybody already needed a boost of energy and didn’t realize it. They were chomping those nuts down so quickly I thought I would loose a finger when I had to put them away to get on the ride. This is a neat ride. We all enjoyed it, and once we got off we had a decision to make. Jacob did NOT want to go on the TeaCups, and really, neither did I. So We split up. Jacob and I went to the Winnie The Pooh play area (which is kinda lame for a 6 year old) and the other two went on the TeaCups.



After they got off they found the Mad Hatter and Alice signing autographs. Josh called us and Jacob and I hightailed it over there to get autographs. And Jacob actually let me take his picture with them.



Once we were done here the kids and Josh began to skip to the other side of Fantasyland. I took pictures.



We headed over to Peter Pan but we still had about 10 minutes until our Fast Passes were good and we were right across the way from It’s A Small World. So, haha, we rode it again. I really do love it.

After that we headed over to Peter Pan, which is honestly my favorite ride in Fantasy Land, even over Pooh and Small World. I love how you feel like your flying, and the city is below you. It is my favorite. I took no pictures, because I just sat in the pirate ship and enjoyed the ride with Emily.

Once we were done with Peter Pan we realized we had done everything in Fantasy Land, since we didn’t want to wait in line to see Ariel and the Carousel was under repair. We had finished everything in that area in just a little over an hour! I was thrilled, because this can be the most time consuming part of the park, because there are so many rides and such slow load times. So we headed over to ride Space Mountain again. The wait time was minimal and so we just rode standby. It was just as good as it was the first night. The kids were both laughing and enjoying themselves the entire time. Once we got off Space Mountain we high tailed it over to the Crystal Palace to have lunch. This is where I once worked, many, many moons ago. The food was good, the characters fun and the kids liked the freedom to go back and fill their plates as often as they wanted. Plus, meeting Pooh, is like meeting a celebrity.




After lunch we headed over to Toon Town and waited in one of the longer lines we were in all week for Goofy’s Barn Stormer. Too quick of a ride for the line we waited in. Pus, I remember it much more fondly when Josh and I rode it 9 years ago. After that we waited in line again, to meet the Princesses. Jacob was a little nervous to meet them and a little embarrassed. But they were all very gracious and kind to my poor little boy.





We didn’t spend too much time in Toon Town, because it was CRAZY with people. It was probably the most crowded section of the entire park. The people, they were everywhere!!! So we hopped on the train, which Jacob had been hounding us to ride all day long and went over to Frontierland. The kids wanted to ride Splash Mountain. They really wanted to GET WET! It was so very hot and they thought they would get wet like we did the day before at Animal Kingdom. The wait was the longest we had seen, at 90, minutes we knew they would have a melt down before that line was up, so we Fast Passed it and headed over to ride Big Thunder Mountain again. The wait was minimal and the kids enjoyed it once again. After we got off the ride the Parade was getting ready to begin. So we worked our way through the crowds to go to the Hall of Presidents. One of the longer, cooler, darker shows in the park and it was 3pm and HOT! When we arrived the nice colonial gentleman told us that the show would not start until after the parade. Jacob wanted to watch the parade, so we left and watched the parade and the kids both loved it.

They really liked the parades more that I thought they would. I really thought they would not enjoy the parades at all, but I was dead wrong. I had to re-work some plans in order to see the parades in the parks.

After the parade and the Hall of Presidents, which the children complained loudly about, we headed over and got onto Splash Mountain. I thought I would be smart, and have Jacob ride on the right side of me, because he wanted to get wet and I didn’t. I forgot that my poor son is as thin as a rail, he didn’t protect me nearly as much as I expected him to. We all got wet, but not as much as the kids would have liked us to. But enough to cool us all off for the evening.

At this point we need to start heading out to make our dinner reservation at O’hana. We head out through Adventureland and are able to take in the Tiki Room and allow the kids to roam through the Swiss Family Robinson House before making our way to Main Street. The kids really enjoyed the tree house, because about a month ago we rented the movie and both of the kids really, really enjoyed it. So because here was a frame of reference the kids thoroughly enjoyed their time in the tree house, while I sat with all the stuff and rested my quickly blistering feet.

Once we arrived to Main Street I had to get my shopping going. I had not purchased anything except for the ride picture at Expedition Everest the day before. I wanted to have the kids silhouettes cut, like I had Emily’s done the years prior. While Jacob was having his cut, Emily and I went into the shop next to the stand where the silhouettes were being done and looked around. Emily found what she HAD TO HAVE. A crystal slipper with her birthstone in it and a tiara. Another reason why I am glad we gave them their own money, because I would not have ever purchased the crown. Maybe the shoe, because it was “affordable” but never, ever would I have purchased the tiara. But she loves that tiara. Once the silhouettes were completed we watched the glass blower do his thing. It was really fascinating for the kids, I remember watching a glass blower in Europe somewhere, as a middle schooler and finding it really interesting. After we pulled the kids away from the glass blower, we headed a little further down the street towards the gate. Josh found a beautiful print that I purchased that I need to have framed and a postcard which I have at work to inspire me to do my best.

Once we had completed the shopping we excited the gates and hopped on the boat which took us to the Polynesian Resort, where the restaurant O’hana is located. We checked in and almost immediately were seated. This is a different kind of place to eat, in that it is a fixed menu. Salad, several appetizers, and then lots of meat, brought out on sticks. It was delicious. I loved it. The roasted turkey was to die for. Jacob of course ate chicken nuggets, but Emily tried everything and loved almost all of it, even without ketchup.

After fully stuffing ourselves we left and headed back to the Magic Kingdom, by Monorail this time. Our only monorail trip the entire vacation. Once back inside the gates we saw Stiches grate escape, Monsters, Inc. Laugh floor, and finally Wishes.

Wishes is the “new” fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom, and I feel in love. It was fantastic! The music, along with the choreographed fireworks was simply amazing. We found a pretty good spot to watch the show in the rose garden and really enjoyed the show as a whole.

After the show we left, with all the rest of the visitors to that park. It was a crazy mess, but we finally made it back to the hotel and collapsed into the bed. It had been a long day, but one that was wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are these transcriptions from your Travel Book (the one you started in Europe)?

DoD