Monday, March 20, 2006

SIX FLAGS

Last week Emily was on Spring Break and enjoyed every minute of it. I had to drag her out of bed this morning to get her up and ready for school. Why is it that she can get up at 6 on a Saturday morning but I have to drag her out of bed at 6:30 to get to school? Hmmm

Anyway I took Friday off and the whole family went down to San Antonio to visit Six Flags. I personally don't think I have ever been to a Six Flags, I could be wrong, but...I don't think I am.
The kids have never been old enough to take to an amusment park and have fun with it. So here we go. It was a little overcast and cool. Which was nice, except when we went on the water rides and NEVER dried off. Emily wanted to sit in the front of the log ride, with me. BIG mistake. But we had fun anyways. We took Jacob on the one rollercoaster that he was tall enough to ride and he loved it. I really don't remember much of it becasue I spent the whole time worring that he was going to fall out. Emily and I rode the BIG WOODEN rollercoaster. She is just like me and loves the thrill of a coaster. She gave me a small bruise from holding on to me so tight, But when we got off she was so excited and wanted to go again. We also enjoyed a few of the slower rides. One of my favorite was the Merry Go Round. Small line, long ride. We were the first to pick, and the kids got their choice of animals. Emily chose a "Seahorse" and Jacob choose a pig. Josh and I both were next to them on horses, but we had fun anyways!! Another exciting ride was Scooby Doo. It is like a video game where you hit targets and collect points. We all enjoyed it becasue we all LOVE Scooby Doo!

All in all it was a great day, we had fun, the kids acted as well as a 7 and 4 year old can act at an amunsment park with no nap. I do think we will wait a few more years to return, and hope Jacob grows a few more inches so we can all ride all of the rides.

-----------EDIT---------
Blogger won't let me upload any pictures to this post ARGH!!!!!

No comments: