Friday, October 14, 2005

Money men??

Well exciting news in the Sumpter house, we got our dryer fixed!!! Our builder finally got the job done. Once they pulled the cover off they found $2 in change and a pebble keeping the dryer from working. So we (when I say we, I mean Josh because I NEVER have change) learned to clean out our pockets before we do the laundry. This is extremely exciting news, as the laundry was beginning to mount. We usually do a load a day, and with Jacob and I being sick earlier in the week, we had mounds of it. I would not send my children to school in dirty underwear so we hit the washateria last weekend.
Now we had the $2 in change laying in the floor of the laundry room and Jacob found it. I was impressed because he only took a penny and a dime. But he carried the penny and dime around all evening looking at them thinking he had hit the jackpot. During dinner we were sitting at the table and he picked them up and asked "Mommy, are these the money men?" I did not have the power in me to not chuckle as I began to answer his so sweet and innocent question. Of course, Emily being a first grader now had all the answers, told him that they were Abe Lincoln, the first President of our country. Oh well...We are still learning. When we corrected her by saying, "No Emily the first President was George Washington." She just looked up at me and said, "No Mommy, he was the second one." Now I know at one time I thought France was a city in Paris and that a knuckle was a nickel but I am 27 years old and I know our first president was George Washington.
But Jacob now knows that the people who are the money men are not on the money, they just have a lot of it.

No comments: