Thursday, July 21, 2005

My job

So I have been looking for another job kinda. You know how you look for one but you not actively looking? How you just kind of keep your eyes and ears open to anything that may come open. Well I have found something that I am actually going to apply for. I am really nervous about the entire situation. I am not sure about the entire thing, I don't know if I am even truly qualified for the job, but what's the worst that could happen? It is not like I have lost my job at La Quinta. I am going to take in my application tomorrow before I come into my job in the morning. I just don't think I can do the job I do, for what little money that I make anymore. I really feel that I am worth SO much more that I make. And I am starting to feel myself not want to do the best job that I know I can because I don't make squat for a salary and put in more hours that one should ever put in. BUT at the same time an Inns and Suites just came open and if someone in the region moves up into it, I may want to stay on and try to get an Inn. Which I know I am perfectly capable of running, because I practically do it by myself now, but I would get more money for my time and effort. I just want to feel appreciated and compensated for my efforts.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I appreciate you!
You go find another job! Forget La Quinta! You don't owe them nothin'! Hold out for 1 million dollars!
That was my girlfriend support speech. You know how it is supposed to sound, so read it in that voice.

Amy said...

Sooooo. How did it go this morning?
(You need to read that comment in a sing song voice.)

Susan said...

I took my application in about 2 this afternoon. They took it from me and I smiled and said thank you. She stamped it and we will see. On the website, it said they hold the apps for two weeks so i don't anticiapate any quick, rash changes coming. Slow and steady, just like me.

Amy said...

Ooooo. what did the stamp say? I bet it said "Alert! Hire this one!"

Chris said...

I have long thought that the best time to look for a job is when you already have one. Then you can take your time and look carefully, and also you are less nervous because your back is not against the wall.

Susan said...

Well, the atamp said "RECIEVED", so we shall see. It is still listed in the paper, so it has not yet been filled. I am also thinking about applying for some other ones I fould in the paper today.