Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well, Hello there

Well, my oh my. It has been nearly 2 months since I last thought about writing anything on this here blog. But I thought I might give it an old college try.

The last 2 months have been hard. If you are still in school, thank your teachers. If you have kids in school, thank their kids. Because this career choice I made, it is hard.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love it. I have not once thought "I do not want to go to work today." Except for that one day when I had a stomach bug, but that was because I didn't want to puke on all of my students. I love going into that classroom everyday and teaching these knuckleheads things that I would like to think our children going into high school should know, but all too often do not.

I have been swimming in it all for the last 8 weeks. But with Thanksgiving right around the corner I actually feel like I might find myself as a person again. Maybe.

Take tonight as an example, even though I spent all day in class I still had time to take Emily to a birthday party, and have some one on one time with Jacob, and finally upload photos from like the last 3 months and a few other fun items. While sorting through the previously mentioned pictures I found one that I had forgotten i had taken. I had wiped the memory of the event from my memory all together. But seeing that picture, it all came back to me.

You see a few months ago my dear Amy and I finally made our much anticipated trip to see NKOTB. She recounted her fabulous memories HERE. She does quite a fantastic job of retelling the account in a fabulous voice with lots of anticipation and well thought out writing. But what she didn't tell you was that she became very violent on our little adventure. She was out right crazy. I became fearful for my safety when she insisted that she purchase a shot gun.

And then, ladies and gentlemen, she shot an animal. And liked it!
I know, I know, we are from Texas, where people shoot animals for sport. But, I really was shocked when we are walking through downtown San Antonio and she opens fire on a poor, defenseless animal.
I even took a photo of our dear friend with the "kill" and as you can see she was quite proud of herself!




I know, I know. I am almost ashamed to call her MY Lucy.

But in all seriousness, I think that weekend helped keep my sanity. With the craziness that is my life now I rarely have time for myself. But me and my girlfriend rocked a fabulous time and I can not imagine doing it with anybody else. Plus the music was pretty rockin' too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where that primal beast within me came from. I really lost my head when I got that gun. Sorry about that. I promise less gun violence on our next get away.

Susan said...

Promises, promises. We will just have to ensure our nexy outing does not take place near any nature. At all.

Anonymous said...

I do hate nature. I really do.

Anonymous said...

OK So this name that I didn't recognize was all bold like in my Reader. I was scared to click it. It is like answering and unknown caller. I clicked it and then I remembered....SUSAN!!!! WOW I use to read a blog by a SUSAN!! Could it be the same SUSAN??

IT IS
IT IS
YAY!!!!

I am glad that you are getting the hang of the teaching. I am not sure about the friends you hang out with. I thought you were a nice girl and now you are showing pics of your BFF with a SHOTGUN. I don't even know what to say. LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Kim Heinecke said...

Chicks and guns are foxy - or so said my Mr once.

Welcome back, Susan! :)